Gaming Mouse: Thoughts on Razer Ouroboros vs. Razer Mamba vs.. ROCCAT Kone XTD

aggie1295

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
I'm looking for a new gaming mouse and I'm closely looking at three different ones at the moment, the Razer Ouroboros, the Razer Mamba and the ROCCAT Kone XTD. I have big hands so I would prefer a mouse that isn't too small and one that fits well. I'm not stuck on a wireless mouse but leaning toward it because I use a laptop in my living room a great deal and I would prefer a way to minimize the number of cords have hanging around. I haven't used any of Razer's recent mice, but I had two Razer Boomslangs and it was one of my favorites. I've seen good reviews of both of the Razer mice, but I've always read some criticism of the build quality as well as the battery life on both of them. The Razer Mamba design is a little more appealing but I've heard it has a shorter battery life and it has a lower dpi. Does anyone out there have experience with either the Ouroboros or the Mamba that would give some insight or recommendations. I'm less familiar with the ROCCAT brand but the Kone XTD is very appealing in its size and design. I would appreciate any thoughts or recommendations. Thanks.

Spinny99

Honorable
May 28, 2013
Hi. When I was picking out a mouse, I put many hours of research in and bought a whole bunch of em to try. I started out with the Ouroboros. First off, I'll say overpriced. It's a very good looking mouse, but it just didn't feel that great. I could never get in the "zone" with that mouse. I returned it (Amazon). I also found the placing of the macros on the mouse inconvenient. I then ordered the Razer Deathadder 2013 edition. Returned. Worst mouse I'd ever used, for a few reasons. I didn't really like the material used on the top of the mouse. I also noticed a few tracking issues, but they were minor. The real deal breaker was the way it clicked. You could barely feel the click. It was like an apple magic mouse. So, I finally decided I was done trying Razers mouses (Although I love my Razer keyboard and mousepad), and I tried the Cyborg R.A.T. 5.

Now, with this mouse, looks can be deceiving. I'm a big FPS gamer, and this thing is perfect. 3 programmable buttons on the side. It's adjustable, so for people like you and I who have big hands, it's perfect. I bought a pinky rest addon too which is pretty cool. You can even customize the weight of the mouse (Which is good for people like me since I like my mouse heavy). Another really useful feature it has to me is the button below the mouse wheel. The mouse has four sensitivity modes, that are changeable with the button. You can see what mode you are in by looking at the red LEDs to the left of the left button. I use this most in Battlefield, for example when I get in a tank. I click the button up twice and it raises my DPI, so I can move the main gun of the tank more quickly, but when I get out, it's much too high for ground fighting, so I switch it down two, and it's perfect. You can change the DPI and the DPI Modes in the software that comes with the mouse. Now, since you would need a wireless mouse, which this isn't, get the R.A.T. 9. A bit more expensive, but it can be both wireless and wired, and has many customization options that none of the mouses listed before have. It's an epic mouse. Hope I helped!

Octav Grigore

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
i have the mamba rat 7 and HAD the deathadder chroma, i'd say the mamba is my favourite because of the material used and the deathadder is complete crap becuse of the material. i like the rat 7 but it has a problem that the software cant find it and i didnt have this problem with synapse so i'd just go with the mamba because the material feels amazing and its wireless

TRENDING THREADS