Bad temperatures while playing games.

Dapro_

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2012
AMD 7970 Ghz 3gb
Intel i7-3820 3.6Ghz 8CPUs
Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan
I have 5 case fans, and 3 fans built onto my 7970.

Hello. I've been playing a lot of Battlefield 4 and twice already I have overheated my PC, well it was shut down by core temp at 75 degrees Celsius. After those 2 times I knew what I had to do, replace the thermal paste on my CPU. Eventually I came across some but I don't think it was enough (I also wiped off the old thermal paste with Isopropyl rubbing alcohol). I put it on anyway and I am still experiencing 68-72°C while playing. Do you think I should just go get some more thermal paste or is there something else wrong with my cooling system or CPU.

DanielC23

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
If your voltage is high on your CPU, you may want to lower it and see if you get better temperatures. Overclocking and voltage does increase heat so this is most likely the problem. Try to change the CPU frequency a little to see if that drops the heat. Check your water cooler to see if it has any scratches or damage on it, that may be what's causing your CPU to heat up.

TheAppleKid2011

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
If you have overclocked, try downclocking it a bit and see if that helps. If you haven't overclocked, it sounds stupid but you might want to go for a more powerful cooling system, but you already have a water cooler so I assume you've overclocked.