corsair 750D case cooling fans question

richbambam

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
1st of all hi everyone

my question is I just built a rig,my case choice was a corsair 750D this came pre-installed with 3 fans the rear was 140mm exhaust fan & the 2 140mm front fans are intake fans,I have now purchased the corsair 100i rad liquid cooler & this will be at the top of the case & the fans set to intake to keep the rad cool,I have also ordered 2 120mm fans to go at the bottom of the case should I set these to intake or exhaust seeing as I only have one exhaust at the rear & thinking if I set them to intake they will be blowing the warm air back into my hd7990 gfx card which have 3 fans pointing down on the card,Im just to get the best help on how to set up my fans

yacard

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

When you are setting air direction or flow you must consider:
* As the air heats up will tend to move up
* Positive pressure (intake cfm > exhaust cfm) to reduce the amount of dust coming into the case.

I would set all fans in the bottom/front as intake (cold air coming in front the bottom), the H100i in pull config (for easy maintenance) as exhaust(moving hot air out of the case), and I would do simple math to calculate best config for the rear one to obtain Positive pressure. (sum of all intake > sum all exhaust).