Quick SSD/OS Reinstall Question

KHM3dia

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
So i received my ssd today and im planning to install my OS on it and a few other bits. Im currently owning a maximus vi hero and my sata mode is already on ahci. But my question is...Do i need to back up anything on the current hdd with my OS and programs??? My OS already was installed when i bought the pc.

The rule is to disconnect/unplug the HDD or any other drive's, when installing OS to one of the drive.

So unplug every drive you have, then plug in the SSD, then install OS on it. After that plug back all the drives. So no fear of loosing data. Good luck.

KHM3dia

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
so where is the actual OS files going to be taken from if i only have a blank ssd. Like i said i dont have the cd.

KHM3dia

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
so whats going to happen to the OS on my hard drive if i install the ISO version of Windows 7 on the ssd

Nothing will happen to the OS on your HDD, it will stay as it is. Unless you format it. Cause normally we don't need same OS on HDD and SSD. So if you plan on to boot from SSD(which everybody prefers), you can erase the OS from HDD. Good luck.