• hardware

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

haveskill

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
Hey All,
Dell Inspiron 620, i3 3.3ghz 4gig ram1333 radeon 7750

My hard drive has begun to fail from high usage, which is a first for me. Which means using dell factory image restore is out of the question, unfortunately!

So I've installed clean windows 7 on a new partition on the failing drive (in an experiment to try and avoid bad sectors assuming all else is good), and I've also installed clean windows 7 from cd on a new separate hard drive. This new hard drive is completely formatted and wiped clean.
I'm getting the following problem on both drives.

Windows 7 installs as it should from factory CD-ROM. I then go to manually install the drivers that are not on the CD. Including internet drivers.

ALL drivers hang during installation. The loading bar gets about half way and then stops and I have to abort. I'm getting this on chipset, bios, networking, audio, all of them.

The CD of windows I am using is the one that comes with your new computer from the Dell factory so the windows is clean.

The drivers are downloaded from the manufacturer's website, using an old laptop I keep in storage, and are being installed in the correct order.

I have already spent a half dozen hours googling this so if anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

I just don't know if after installing the core of windows 7 and before installing drivers, does the hardware drivers from the old OS get in the way or do I need to override some safety features in windows, or maybe manually install some system service in order to install new drivers?? I'm totally stuck here.

haveskill

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
Well I'm not sure but I fixed it.
Was trying to get the new HDD running and I just started over from scratch, installing windows 7 again, and then started installing drivers in order again and this time I was able to get the internet drivers installed. I should be able to run updates from here. The ONLY difference, which I know was not the cause was, I unplugged the internet eithercord on back of the machine, installed windows and the drivers, then plugged it back in and it was working. Thanks for all the reads.

TRENDING THREADS