How much RAM will I be able to use with Windows 7, 64-bit

Hi,

I have windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and I know that it has a limit of 16 GB of RAM.

I was wondering...

1. Will the computer/windows 7 64-bit still work if i put in 32 GB (bus 2400) of ram even though Home premium has a limit of 16??

2. If the computer/windows will work with 32 GB but only use 16 GB, will my motherboard/computer function when the RAM has a bus speed of 2400, and the motherboard's limit is 2200??

3. My final question is kind of the same, instead of getting 32 GB, what if I get 16 GB but with a bus speed of 2666, will the motherboard/computer/windows be able to handle that but at a lower bus speed or something??

Sorry if my questions are stupid, don't know that much about components.
The reason I ask is I inted to upgrade my whole system next year but I need to buy more RAM right away in order to play the new COD game (Ghost) I just bought...i got 6 GB now but game says it needs more, can't start it.
Don't have the money now to upgrade the whole computer but i don't really want to spend money on just buying a little more RAM now when i gonna get a lot more next year. Rather buy all the ram now, just want to find out if i will be able to use it in my present computer...or at least some of it.

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about ram windows bit
  1. Have you tried applying the RAM fix that can be found on torrent sites? It works for people that have less than 6GB of RAM
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory