Sign in with
Your question

How does this build look? Budget Intel Gaming PC in Australia

Last response: in Systems
November 8, 2013 2:48:07 AM

Hi guys,
Please check my new build and give me some advices. I'm living in Victoria, Australia. This PC is mainly for the purpose of gaming. To be more specific, I'm mostly interested in multiplay first person shooters such as battlefield3, battlefield4, ARMA3. My goal is to achieve at least 120frames/sec at medium setting.
This is a non-OC build for value reason. The electricity here costs 0.28c/kWh (double the avg in US), and I play 30+hours every week.

CPU - Intel Core i5 4670 [$245]
Memory - G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL 8GB (2x4GB) [$105]
GPU - Sapphire Radeon HD7970 3GB OC Edition with Boost [$339]
M/b - ASUS B85M-G [$89]
SSD - Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB [$109]
PSU - Antec High Current Gamer 520W Modular HCG-520M [$99]
Case - Fractal Design Define R4 [Owned]
Monitor - BenQ XL2411T 24in LED 144Hz Gaming Monitor [$399]

Totol cost exc. OS = $1385

Thanks ;) 
November 8, 2013 2:55:49 AM

Arctikuma said:
Hi guys,
Please check my new build and give me some advices. I'm living in Victoria, Australia. This PC is mainly for the purpose of gaming. To be more specific, I'm mostly interested in multiplay first person shooters such as battlefield3, battlefield4, ARMA3. My goal is to achieve at least 120frames/sec at medium setting.
This is a non-OC build for value reason. The electricity here costs 0.28c/kWh (double the avg in US), and I play 30+hours every week.

CPU - Intel Core i5 4670 []
Memory - G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL 8GB (2x4GB) []
GPU - Sapphire Radeon HD7970 3GB OC Edition with Boost []
M/b - ASUS B85M-G []
SSD - Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB []
PSU - Antec High Current Gamer 520W Modular HCG-520M []
Case - Fractal Design Define R4 [Owned]
Monitor - BenQ XL2411T 24in LED 144Hz Gaming Monitor []

Totol cost exc. OS =

Thanks ;) 

Looks nice to me !
If you add extra 1 TB HDD will make you life easy ......
Also if you budget have some space left for CPU cooled replacing the stock cooler will improve you system noise performance - if you play alot you`ll be generate alot CPU load -> hight RPM and noise .....

Related resources
November 8, 2013 6:43:21 AM

I do have a spare 2TB WD Green HHD, that might come in handy. Thanks for your concern =) The reason I didn't list it is that this PC is purely intended for gaming. I will still be using my laptop (i3 first-gen) for most of other works.

Is the stock cooler really that bad? I was hoping to save some money on custom cooling. On the other hand, I don't want a noisy fan. Given that I do NOT overclock, what kind of cooler am I looking for? High-end Notua NH-D14 or budget CM Hyper 212 evo? Any suggestion is welcome. Let say, I will upgrade to an overclockable PC in the next 4-5 years. Investing a high-end cooler seems to be a smart choice, right?
November 8, 2013 7:08:11 AM

Arctikuma said:
I do have a spare 2TB WD Green HHD, that might come in handy. Thanks for your concern =) The reason I didn't list it is that this PC is purely intended for gaming. I will still be using my laptop (i3 first-gen) for most of other works.

Is the stock cooler really that bad? I was hoping to save some money on custom cooling. On the other hand, I don't want a noisy fan. Given that I do NOT overclock, what kind of cooler am I looking for? High-end Notua NH-D14 or budget CM Hyper 212 evo? Any suggestion is welcome. Let say, I will upgrade to an overclockable PC in the next 4-5 years. Investing a high-end cooler seems to be a smart choice, right?

Run on stock for start - you may not find it noisy
You can allays go for new fan and bigger fan is lower temps and lower RPM`s ....
November 8, 2013 10:48:17 AM

Good thinking Nikolay. Thanks heaps. I'm ordering it today =)
!