What can I sell this computer for.

Avocade

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013
So this computer has brought me lots of joy and done well with today gaming market but, I think I want to sell it and make a more sound build.

Curious what you think I should sell it for. The core system is an Acer that i expanded on. Bought for $500 4 months ago.

Computer is well taken care of kept clean blew out all dust weekly. Still under warranty for repair. Would package original PSU and GPU with the system.

B75 Motherboard not sure on the details. 120 hours on it
Nvidia GTX 650 Ti (Added after i bought) Less than 20 hours on it
i5 3330 3.0 boost 3.1 about 120 hours on it
6 Gb kingston Ram (+1 2GB Kingston (added in after i bought it)
1TB WD HDD Would be whiped and fresh OS install and drivers.
Unkown DVD-R
EVGA 600B Bronze PSU. (Added after i bought) less than 20 hours on it

I used PC Part Picker and put the system specs onto the PC Builder filled in the missing info with the lowest cost part availible in that slot and the total was about $950. Could I ask for 900? does that seem reasonable?

Solution
The stuff you are trying to sell is pretty current, you'd be losing close to 50% on them and there is nothing it won't run. Be a waste to get rid of it now.

As soon as you unbox a computer you are out 20% or so, no-one will buy it for close to new price.

Put it up on ebay or somewhere at what price you think is good and see if it sells, if it does, great.

Happens with cars all the time, you take a $5,000 book value used car, add a $2,000 stereo, $500 rims, replace another $3,000 of parts to get it running well, you don't have a $10,000 car, you have a $5,000 car you spent $10,000 on.

Deuce65

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013

Where the heck did you come up with that? Seriously, go look through these forums and see what people come up with for 850, and thats with NEW parts.

MB: maybe 50 bucks, doens't say what he has but we can guess based on the chipset.
CPU: Maybe 125
Ram: Maybe 10
HDD: Maybe 25
GPU: Maybe 75
PSU: Probably nothing
So about 300 give or take. Yea, I know some of the things are "almost new", just like every used car you shop for will have had the oil changed every 3000 miles....

Incidentally, you can go to microcenter and get, brand new, Asrock Z77 Extreme bundled with a 3570K for 290, the memory can be had brand new (pick your name brand) for 30-35, the gtx 650 TI can be had brand new for 115. The HDD can be had brand new for 54. The PSU can be had brand new for 60. So that is 525ish for a better system, brand new in the box. And that is just off the top of my head.

Avocade

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013
GPU is still brand new, it's in its box right now. The PSU is Brand new also in its box. The new stick of ram I put in to test if it was compatible and took it out and is back in its box. So your telling me brand new parts are worth less than half price based off of what? The i5 3330 retails at $174 drop 15%-20% off... HDD in my price check was 20 less than your estimates. The Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 Ti through our local stores retails at $170 again still brand new. PSU retails at $75 also brand new the fan hasn't even had to turn on in that thing. It's being sold locally.

I'm not going to continue an argument you can go be condescending in another thread.

Deuce65

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
I'm not telling you what to do, you asked a question and I answered it. I'm sorry your computer isn't worth as much as you think it is. It makes no difference what the retail price of the GPU is whether it be 170 or 1170. You can go on new egg right now and get it for 115 brand new. Same thing with the hard drive, the memory, new egg is selling that exact memory for 30 dollars why would someone give you more for your used memory? The CPU, again, who cares what the retail sticker says when it can be had brand new for less?
Whatev dude, if you think you can get 850 for that best of luck.

Avocade

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013
What you said is fine it's the extra condescending things you said and the manner in which you stated them.

Using part picker using the cheapest prices was at $950 for new. This is contradictory to what your telling me so either the Database in which pcpartpicker is getting its information is out of date by a long shot or your just are assuming. at 950 knock off 150 200 for the fact it's used. It's still under Warranty for another year and 8 months. I'm not selling a 2 year old or even a 1 year old pc. The grand majority of these parts are brand new and what came in the computer is still way under an amount of hours to cause degradation of the components.

The stuff you are trying to sell is pretty current, you'd be losing close to 50% on them and there is nothing it won't run. Be a waste to get rid of it now.

As soon as you unbox a computer you are out 20% or so, no-one will buy it for close to new price.

Put it up on ebay or somewhere at what price you think is good and see if it sells, if it does, great.

Happens with cars all the time, you take a $5,000 book value used car, add a $2,000 stereo, $500 rims, replace another $3,000 of parts to get it running well, you don't have a $10,000 car, you have a $5,000 car you spent $10,000 on.

Solution