Tags:
  • Browsers
  • Microsoft
Last response: in News comments
November 9, 2013 1:07:28 AM

Something about this mascot says "tentacle" but can't quite put my finger on it
Score
November 9, 2013 1:15:45 AM

Wow. I should stop reading Tom's at 3am. I see weird articles.
Score
Related resources
November 9, 2013 1:26:02 AM

Hey, guys, she's 18!
Score
November 9, 2013 1:30:39 AM

MUST...NOT...FAP...
Score
November 9, 2013 1:46:29 AM

I am very confused right now.
Score
November 9, 2013 1:55:01 AM

Hey as long as Firefox doesn't do the same thing, I'll be happy.
Score
November 9, 2013 2:17:10 AM

I have this weird feeling that somehow this is the most advanced/best feature of IE ever done.
Score
November 9, 2013 2:24:27 AM

This is probably to get those Chinese IE6 users up to date.
Score
November 9, 2013 2:35:53 AM

In before the hentai.
Score
November 9, 2013 2:47:41 AM

Here's a little context: "Inori is an anime character, created by animation studio CACANi on behalf of Microsoft Singapore for a special video that will screen at this year's Anime Festival Asia in Singapore this weekend."
Without that it seems like Redmond have been replaced by 16 yr old basement dwelllers...
Score
November 9, 2013 3:00:51 AM

She probably runs slowly
Score
Anonymous
November 9, 2013 3:11:30 AM

Things that make you go Huh?
Score
Anonymous
November 9, 2013 3:14:41 AM

So what is Microsoft saying here? That IE is good enough for cartoons? Is their IE audience Pre K kids? I think Microsoft has lost all touch with reality, and from what I have seen using IE 11 it might of course be the best IE version yet. But is that really saying much?
Score
November 9, 2013 3:16:47 AM

My Japanese is weak but hikaru means light and nana is 7. Not sure what Inori has to do with IE though.
Score
November 9, 2013 3:17:21 AM

I'm sorry, but are they trying to make their browser indefensible?
Score
November 9, 2013 4:00:53 AM

IE- Girls : They like virgin guys who masturbate to drawings... That is the message I got.
Score
November 9, 2013 5:08:26 AM

Anonymous said:
So what is Microsoft saying here? That IE is good enough for cartoons? Is their IE audience Pre K kids? I think Microsoft has lost all touch with reality, and from what I have seen using IE 11 it might of course be the best IE version yet. But is that really saying much?

She was made for Microsoft Singapore for an anime festival not to be the worldwide mascot or even the regional one so MS is not saying anything (but people will read into it anyway) other than making a character for a specific event. As for IE11 it is very good and can compete with any other browser on most all features, only place it is lacking is addons or extensions (again people will deny that as well).
Score
November 9, 2013 5:26:23 AM

What the hell? Why? Is there product so bad they have to use a little girl that is scantly clad to get sales? Or maybe it will attract kids as well as pervs...
Score
November 9, 2013 6:11:19 AM

SHE'S SO DAMN KAWAII

Too bad internet explorer is still slow as hell...
Score
November 9, 2013 6:23:50 AM

and she doesn't use IE for web surfing.
Score
November 9, 2013 6:44:41 AM

So is this the first step towards having the OS-tans become canon in the future?
Score
November 9, 2013 6:57:19 AM

More interested in the character than the browser.
Score
November 9, 2013 7:03:57 AM

Wood bang, don't care what age she is.
Score
November 9, 2013 7:11:39 AM

I'm now imagining a hentai where "backdoor" attacks are used to "insert malicious codes".
Score
November 9, 2013 7:18:47 AM

But what will happen when Hikaru commits harakiri....
Score
November 9, 2013 7:49:45 AM

As mazty noted, this wasn't even targeted towards the broader audience of PC users, which makes it weird that this showed up here on Toms in the first place. Not just MSFT, but many other tech companies in the Asian market do this because in the Asian market "anime" is different from "cartoon" and matters a lot in terms of brand advertising to a relatively wide audience. It's gone on for a good while (years) but they've only been doing it for the OS until more recently when they started it for some other software items. FYI, you can probably look up an "unofficial" Siri one for apple too.
Score
November 9, 2013 8:00:14 AM

She doesn't look like a big enough whore to work for Microsoft.
Score
November 9, 2013 8:24:53 AM

Even though I like anime even I have to admit this is not only strange but seems desperate at some level.
Score
November 9, 2013 9:20:35 AM

Marketing to weeabus.
Score
November 9, 2013 9:30:16 AM

To
Cc
Bcc
Subject how do i turn you off that actually works?

hi inor.

i have a problem with you and all your predecessors. i disable you in nanami ( windows 7) hot keys options by deselecting options for windows hotkeys, yet you still won't shut off, and when i am playing my MMO's and i have to use the control key to jump and when i am in a fight i am pressing other keys as well with the control key just held down as if i don't hold the control key down my MMO's will not work like a cordless mouse with a dead battery will not make the cursor move.

how do i shut you off, or just plain remove you from my system if i can not get your hot key and your hotkey cousins to stop opening on my screen while i am in the middle of an MMO battle.

seriously it's costing me real money as i LOSE EVERYTIME YOU POP UP FROM A HOT KEY.

Linux is telling me this doesn't happen with her and i am seriously contemplating dumping you and nanami for her as she doesn't have any of these problems and if i can't get your creepy cyber stalking off my sweet cooler master storm trooper body i am going to dump you.

by the way Foxy and Chromium are my main squeeze, ya i know inor, i like to live wild and crazy, but you know inor, in all honesty, you are just an emergency go to when i have to get into your masters castle (windows update) because your master is cock blocking all the other girls, which is really irritating to the point i only go there a few times a year by choice

. i know it's wrong of me to keep you around inor, just to use you as a side cookie mistress only when my needs absolutely can't be met by the others thanks to your masters cock blocking, but really that's all you're good for.

i'm not sorry for having to resort to this, it's just i can't put up with you any more and i don't want you that involved in my life any more, it's to the point i am concerned i will have to go to the authorities and take out a restraining order against you inro, you really need to follow the rules and be less intrusive and wait until actually called upon sweetie.

i hope you can understand, and don't do anything rash as there are still millions of guys just around the corner who love using you still.
we can still be friends....just not close friends...or even casual friends.......more like acquaintances. okay inor?

sincerely as a lawsuit waiting to happen.
XXX

p.s. i dated your great grandmother and i still to this day find her way more attractive. is there any way you could possibly reconnect me with her?
Score
November 9, 2013 9:33:57 AM

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<inor.aizawa@outlook.com>:
Remote host said: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable [RCPT_TO]
Score
November 9, 2013 9:35:27 AM

Even Domino's Pizza Japan uses a anime character (Hatsune Miku) when you order pizza with their app.
Score
November 9, 2013 9:47:59 AM

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<inor.aizawa@outlook.com>:
Remote host said: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable [RCPT_TO]
Score
November 9, 2013 10:20:56 AM

Lot of people on here that know nothing about anime and that much is obvious. There is anime for every age and genre you can imagine. A cute anime mascot is the normal for tons of companies in Asia and frankly it is becoming extremely popular in the states now too. Its no different then companies using a cute Gecko, talking bullfrogs, etc... The idea is to use a mascot that draws on your heartstrings a little and I think MS did a great job there.
Score
November 9, 2013 10:35:50 AM

I don't care about anime and don't like internet exploder so it has no effect on me.
Score
November 9, 2013 11:50:23 AM

Bring back clippy!!!
Score
November 9, 2013 12:30:55 PM

Does this remind anyone else of the old 'broken windows' flash animation from the '90s?
Score
November 9, 2013 1:19:00 PM

Surely this a joke?
Score
November 9, 2013 2:17:30 PM

To draw attention and to keep IE users "entertained" while waiting for the page to load. If you know what I mean.
Score
November 9, 2013 4:07:07 PM

I find is slightly amusing that that they named one of the characters associated with Win8 as "Ai" which means blue, as in Windows Blue, the code name for Windows 8.1. Anyone else pick up on that?
Score
November 9, 2013 4:20:32 PM

For some reason the only things that come to my mind are "moge" and "opai" when I saw the mascot
Score
November 9, 2013 4:20:32 PM

Microsoft presents the new and improved Internet Explorer!
Now with 106.9% more tentacle rape!
Score
November 9, 2013 4:36:56 PM

Microsoft: "Ha! NOW they'll switch to IE!"
Score
November 9, 2013 10:50:16 PM

They should use a fox instead. Just imagine it, a fox goes on a journey to lift a curse placed on him by evil emperor IEx which causes him to randomly become clumsy at some rather inopportune moments, and easily tricked. Though cursed, he never gives up the search for the flame of power which is said to lift any curse.

They can then use this poster instead
http://i.imgur.com/JJWpnVB.jpg

Score
November 9, 2013 11:20:15 PM

Inori says "she used to be clumsy and slow but has since matured and is confident in her abilities."

That's turn me ON!
Score
November 9, 2013 11:20:36 PM

Inori says "she used to be clumsy and slow but has since matured and is confident in her abilities."

That's turn me ON!
Score
      • 1 / 2
      • Newest
!