Radeon R9 280X Bluescreening on start-up

Blankki

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Hello, I'm having trouble with my new Asus Radeon R9 280X DCII. I installed the new display adapter yesterday and it was working fine for a while, after about 2 hours of Battlefield 4 play the sound stuttered and i got a bluescreen, after that it bluescreened everytime i started the computer

The bluescreen disappeared too fast to get anything out of it, but i tried installing Windows again and different drivers, old and new, nothing helped.

Then i put my old Radeon 6870 and it works just fine, so.. Well i guess this is pretty clear that there's something wrong with the new card but just wanted to ask here :(

thismafiaguy

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
What kind of display adapter? Are you talking about the 280X? Also, did you mean different drivers for the GPU? Try uninstalling all AMD software, then download and install the latest software from AMD. If it isn't a driver issue, then your card may need to be RMA'd.

Blankki

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Yeah i was talking about the R9 280X, i installed it yesterday. I did remove the drivers with DriverSweeper, and installed the most recent ones from AMD but nothing helped.. Except changing to my old card :/

thismafiaguy

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
Well, there can only be so many reasons for blue screens, and you've pretty much already ratted it out. I'm pretty sure your 280X is defective, unless your power supply isn't delivering enough power.

Blankki

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Yeah.. The thing is that i did get to use my computer and even play battlefield 4 just fine for a while with the R9 280X, then it just started giving blue screens, it's like it just stopped working. And yeah i have 850W PSU, also i didn't overclock the R9 i just installed drivers and started playing, so yeah.. i guess it's busted *sigh* :( Great and no availability for new cards, and the store is closed for the weekend where i bought it

Blankki

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013

I reinstalled windows and put new drivers on clean windows installation and it still gave me bluescreen right after i have put the drivers