Are there any 780 OC vs 780 TI benchmarks

OnkelCannabia

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
In my country (Germany) the overclocked editions of the 780 are all cheaper than the standard editions right now. I can get the Super Jetstream, The Windforce and the DC2OC all cheaper than a standard GTX 780. The other models also aren't much more expensive. So the question is, how do these OC versions compare to a 780 TI? I really don't think the 780 TI would be worth it in comparison, but I'd like to know for sure.

thismafiaguy

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
There isn't a big performance difference between an overclocked 780 and a 780Ti, not worth the price difference. The 780Ti is at best 20% faster than a stock 780, so if you get a good enough overclock on a 780, that 20% would almost disappear. But keep in mind that you could also overclock the 780Ti, and the fact that overclocking performance is not always guaranteed. The 780Ti is basically a standard 780 with a performance boost, just like any other Ti card compared to their non-Ti counterparts. But it doesn't deliver enough extra performance to justify the 40% price premium over the standard 780. Get yourself a good aftermarket 780, like the ASUS DirectCU II, EVGA ACX, or MSI Gaming.

OnkelCannabia

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013

Thanks. I just thought of something else, which hadn't occurred to me before. New games are probably going to be more CPU intensive due to the new console generation and games containing more physics. I have an 2500k which I could still overclock quite a bit. I have a good after market cooler lying around that I won at a quake tourney. But even with that it is still going to be a bottleneck sooner or later. I guess the really speaks against a 780 TI anyway.