Sign in with
Your question

Which one of the following builds would be better for Arma 2 / Arma 3/ Battlefield 4 (intel vs amd)

Last response: in Systems

Which one of these builds is better for Arma ?

Total: 1 vote

• The first build with intel processor
  • 0 %
  • The second build with AMD processor
  • 100 %
November 10, 2013 6:04:10 AM

Which one of the following builds would be better for Arma 2 / Arma 3/ Battlefield 4 (Intel vs AMD)
First build (with intel processor) http://pcpartpicker.com/p/207UC

Second build (amd processor)
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/206ZV

I must say that the pc will be used only with these games, most likely more arma with realism units and maybe some game recording, if you have any better suggestion within 900$ budget just go ahead and post it. Thanks !
November 10, 2013 6:08:42 AM

I know for Battlefield the AMD processor would be much better since Dice optimized the game around AMD. For arma though i might have to go with the Intel cpu. The amd would still be able to run arma on the highest settings getting around the same fps as the Intel.
November 10, 2013 6:10:07 AM

duhmentia said:
I know for Battlefield the AMD processor would be much better since Dice optimized the game around AMD. For arma though i might have to go with the Intel cpu. The amd would still be able to run arma on the highest settings getting around the same fps as the Intel.

Thanks for the quick answer, in this case I would go with the AMD build which seems a bit better in my eyes overall, however I will wait for more opinions on this one to make sure I make the correct decision.

Later update : after some google searches I got to the conclusion that intel should be better for my needs and less costly when it comes to electricity, still waiting on some more answers.
I am almost sure that I will go with the intel build and replace the 270x with a 280x :D 
Related resources
November 11, 2013 7:43:23 AM

Still waiting for some more answers !
!