Asus PA248Q for gaming?

Gusb

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
Hi!

I'm thinking to buy the Asus PA248Q monitor basically to play games. It will run with an Asus Geforce GTX 770 2GB DDR5. I've read that the IPS monitors are great, but the 6ms of response time is not a good thing.

What do you think?

Did you have an alternative better for a 24" monitor to play games?

Is the 1920 x 1200 resolution a good choice with this video card or is better to get a 1920x1080 resolution monitor?

Thank you very much!

GuardianAng3l

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
From what I have gathered, the PA248Q is a great monitor in terms of color and contrast. Great for watching movies/Youtube. However, for the express purpose of gaming I would recommend the ASUS VG248QE instead. The VG248QE is 144Hz and has a 1ms refresh rate, this is important for twitch games such as FPS (CoD, BF4) games. This is completely dependent on the fact that your GPU can run the games at 60+ fps.

Although I would recommend the ASUS VG248QE for gaming, it would still be best if you went to a local retail store (Best Buys, Fry's, Microcenter) and looked at the color and performance of each monitor yourself. Nothing is worse than having a monitor shipped to your house only to realize you did not like it for some tilt function or something else you could not see online.