First Build, Need Advice on Parts Chosen

PHunter

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
Hello, first time posting (been looking at the forums for a couple months). I would like to have the opinion of others how good this build is for current games and its capability for future upgrades. I will (hopefully) be gaming at 1080p at max settings (ultra i don't really care for, would be nice, but it's not necessary).

Approximate Purchase Date: Prior to or around Black Friday / Cyber Monday (Also depends on Amazon's deals)

Overclocking: Possible (not within a couple months, I would get a 212 EVO/Plus in the next year or 2 for that)

Current Build Selection: (Note that the pcparkpicker link does not have the RAM, because for some reason pcpartpicker does not have the RAM that I'm planning on getting from Amazon.)
PCPartPicker part list /

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) ($66.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.67 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($259.95 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.72 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($76.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($20.19 @ Amazon)
Total: $777.74

Thank you in advance for any help. :)

Just as clarification on my reasoning for the parts chosen:
CPU: Cheap for what needs to be done
MOBO: Upgradability and expansion in terms of both HD (support for up to 3TB) and processor (should I upgrade to a 8320 in the future)
Storage: I can get the Blue ~$64, but getting the black because of longer warranty, higher speeds and reliability.
Video card: Nvidia game bundle, and to last a couple years (gaming in the future does not need to be at max, I can live with medium)
Case: Was going for a HAF 912, but went with this one for the price
PSU: Should be enough for perhaps 2 upgrades (CPU/GPU) in the future
Why Amazon and not _____? : Unfortunately, I live in those automatic 2 day states for sites like Newegg (*hint hint*) its the warmer one...

I would try to bump the cpu up to the 8320 now. It's not much more the 2 extra cores. I was in the same spot a few weeks ago between the 6300 and 8320 and glad I went for the 8320, overlocks easily to 4ghz with no effect.

PHunter

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013

Hmmm that is a possibility, but I'm going to have to see how the sales go for that.