Nvidia Geforce GTX 660M two external monitors + laptop screen.

JohnnyHawkz

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
I have an Multicom laptop (Norwegian manufracter), and I was wondering if I am able to have two monitors and my laptop screen running at the same time. This is via an HDMI cable and an Mini display to VGA adapter. And will my graphics card eventually get overheated because of the 3 screens, and then pretty much be destroyed, or will it run fine?

ZionZA

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
I highly doubt nvidia would have designed it to overheat with that setup. Maybe the best option is to install msi afterburner. Do the monitor setup and then monitor your temperatures using afterburner.

JohnnyHawkz

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013

Is MSI afterburner a downloadable program?

ZionZA

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013

Yeah. Its free to use. I know some people have issues with the one from the MSI website not running on 64 bit. I downloaded it using
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Video-Tweak/MSI-Afterburner.shtml

worked fine on 64bit. If thats your operating system

JohnnyHawkz

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013

A quick question; What will happen when I change it to extended desktop? So that basically means that if my computer can't handle the heat that the monitors are generating my computer will automatically turn itself off? And I reckon there is no way to be ensured that this will not happen before I buy the monitors right?

JohnnyHawkz

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013

Yep, 64bit is right. I'll give it a test after I decide whether to buy one or two monitors, Thanks!