gtx 780 acx sc triple moniter setup

Shotty95

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
Should i wait and get the gtx 780 ti acx sc? Or get the reguler gtx 780 acx sc? im planning on using the card with triple monitors on bf4. Would one card be enough or would i need 2?

Solution
well that depends on the resolution of your monitors, your in-game graphics settings, and your expectations in regards to framerate. If you are on 3x1080p monitors and want to play with higher settings and smooth FPS gameplay on all 3, get the 780ti. If you want super crystal clear high/ultra settings and smooth FPS then SLI those babies. I am going to SLI the 780ti ACX SC real soon. I'm going for 3D surround though.

In any case, I think the 780ti acx sc is better. That's just my opinion though, I'm no expert.

High Voltage

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
well that depends on the resolution of your monitors, your in-game graphics settings, and your expectations in regards to framerate. If you are on 3x1080p monitors and want to play with higher settings and smooth FPS gameplay on all 3, get the 780ti. If you want super crystal clear high/ultra settings and smooth FPS then SLI those babies. I am going to SLI the 780ti ACX SC real soon. I'm going for 3D surround though.

In any case, I think the 780ti acx sc is better. That's just my opinion though, I'm no expert.

Solution

sancco

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009

hey mate i'm looking into these cards too. do you think you will get any vram/bitrate issues from the 384/3GB setup the 780 has? what resolution are you going to be playing at?

High Voltage

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013

I personally am demanding of higher end graphics settings and high FPS. I will be on 3x1080p monitors. That being said, I will likely have to sacrifice my higher end end settings for something like medium settings if I still want to achieve decent frames. So I really can't say for sure about running into VRAM issues because, of course, I do not have SLI 780ti's in my rig at this very moment. I currently have one regular GTX 780 (not sc version) and on 2 monitors with a mix of high/ultra settings. For BF4 in particular my frames fluctuate a lot between 70-180 FPS. If you are a BF4 player than you are well aware of the problems with that game right now. When monitoring my VRAM, I have yet to use over 1.5 GB.