Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
so here it is
-gtx 760
-about 500 watts i think
-i7 2600 3.40ghz
-win 7
-8gb ram

i wanted to get a new processor so i can run things like bf4 on ultra or high but what is a good processor and if i got that would i need more watts?

fjaesbog

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
Your processor isn't bad at all. That CPU would be enough for years. Your GPU isn't powerful enough to run BF4 maxed out smoothly, only if you tweak the settings a little. The AA should be off, then you're able to run it smoothly. If you want to play BF4 maxed out 60+ fps, you should consider getting 780, OR the 780 TI. Though the 780 TI is overkill for 1080p, but you would run the game without problems though.
And get at least 600w PSU, it would give you a lot more headroom to add more stuff in the future.

zZeRo

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
i forgot my psu ill get back at you with that when im home, and i felt i need a better cpu because no one has mine everyone uses a better one and my performance on bf4 is kinda shit even on all low settings like 50 frames not steady

You're not going to see a noticeable performance boost from getting a better CPU than that. Even though it's sandy bridge it's still pretty high end.

No-one seems to be getting steady frames in BF4 so don't worry about that.