Chassis Cooling Fan Orientation

maverick121

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
I have a CM K380 Cabinet

1 Fan comes preinstalled in the front.The fan is installed in such a way that when i look from the inside of the cabinet i can see the CM Logo.So i think the fan is sucking air from outside.

My PSU has lots of wires which is in front of this fan and it obstructs the direct airflow

I have got 2 120mm Deepcool windblade fans.But now im confused in its installation.I intent to fix one fan at the back and one in side glass panel.But im confused with the orientation(which part of the fan blows and sucks air) and what is the air flow model you recommend.

maverick121

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

Okay.But im confused which part of the fan blows and which part sucks

This should be easy enough to determine. Simply plug the fan into a Molex connector or a MB port while holding the fan in your hand and feel the airflow against your face. Alternatively, use a piece of tissue paper to determine the direction of flow.

Yogi

the side of the fan which has the power wires visible coming out of the fan and also the label is the "exhaust" side. this means that if you are looking at the specification label or wires the flow is coming at you.

exhaust.JPG