No idea what MB to upgrade to?!

gristofer05

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
So I fixed up my desktop PC after a few months. It's a pretty old rig and it's pretty outdated:
Win 7 32bit
Gigabyte Socket 775 - GA-P31-DS3L mb
Radeon 4850 1GB
Intel Core 2 Duo E4700 2.6ghz
2GB DDR2 RAM

I want to upgrade this rig. I am planning to just upgrade the MB, CPU and RAM right now because I just wouldn't have the money for a new GPU right now. The Radeon 4850 is old but it's still a pretty powerful card right?
What is a nice budget MB that could handle an i5 processor and at least 6GB RAM I am seeing myself buying in the near future?
My friend recommended me to buy an AMD processor because they are cheaper but have the same power as Intel. This isn't easy:d. Tips please?!

mazout360

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
No, you should aim for Intel at the moment. Yes AMD produces good processors but even a Core Intel (with hyper threading) with a lower max frequency will produce better results and performance (based on my experience).
A good budget mobo would be a gigabyte Z77X-UD3H or something similar. Cheap and has everything necessary. I have one desktop computer with a I5 along with this mobo and a GTX670 and I can play anything at high settings, easily.

TRENDING THREADS