Is now a good time to buy a gaming PC and is this PC any good ??? help I'm new to PCs

hamboy

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
Hi,
I decided back in August to buy a gaming PC and plan on spending at MAX £600. I would like a i5 4th gen processor, gtx 670, 8gb ram, 500gb hard drive as well as the other components I will need. I don't plan on building my PC from scratch, the only thing I would buy alone is the graphics card because I heard it was cheaper to buy it separately. Anyway I just wanted to know if now was a good time to buy a gaming PC, I mean with all the next gen consoles coming out and I heard it is a terrible time to buy a PC and I really need some experts opinions on what I should do. I plan on playing battlefield 4 on max settings for about maybe 3-5 hours per day at most. I also plan on using this as just an everyday PC. Also do you think my PC that I plan on buy can handle this and where would you recommend I buy my PC from considering my price range. Finally if you think I should buy a different graphics card go ahead and suggest it, noise doesn't really bother me and neither does heat as long as it doesn't burn my motherboard or anything and as long as I can hear myself think and this £600 price range doesn't include a keyboard, mouse or monitor.

Thanks for any help it's much obliged. ;)

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
There's never a good or bad time to buy in my estimation. It is always good to buy if you can afford it. I don't see what the new consoles have to do with a gaming PC purchase tho.

Btw, your picks all look good. I presume you meant to type 500 GB HDD for the 500gb ram. That's a bit small by today's standard. But if you don't load it up with lots of personal files, it will be fine.

enemy1g

Honorable
It's cheaper to build it yourself, not just cheaper to buy the GPU separately. No matter which (r)e-tailer you buy from, they're going to charge you a markup for whatever you're purchasing. And I believe you'll be hard-pressed on maxing out BF4 with 60 FPS with a 670. On high you'll likely suffice though.

hamboy

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
Thanks for your advise and yeah I did mean 500GB hdd lol and I will look into building my own PC thanks.