Additional pump and radiators to liquid cooling

Need more additional pump and radiators?

• Only 1 additional radiator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Additional radiator and pump

• Additional 1 or 2 radiators without additional pump

• Other

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Andrey Mamontov

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Hi!

I really need expert opinion about liquid cooling.
Because my spoken english is not so good, i'll show in images :)

- my current configuration with single loop for cpu and mb
qq2w.jpg

- planned configuration with liquid cooling for gpu's
jhc2.jpg

So I have a few questions for liquid cooling or overclock experts:
1) Additional pump need?
2) Additional radiator or two?
3) Water flow order? Single loop?
4) And I would be very grateful for your advice about connectors/fittings! Now it looking like this:
vn5e.jpg

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
I do not know what you’re looking for in a build, but this is what I did to my system for cooling, keep in mind that performance was my main concern here.

with This rig I went with three separate loops one loop for the CPU alone that has a 360mm radiator, 400mm reservoir and a D5 pump.
The video card loop has two 360mm radiators, 400mm reservoir and a D5 pump.
The last loop that is not needed but I wanted to do it anyway has SSD blocks, memory and if my motherboard supported it I would have piped that to this loop as well, but it has a 360mm radiator, 250mm reservoir and a D5 pump.

now this rig looks better, but with only one radiator the preformance is limited.

**edit all of the rigs I build are silent rigs, I have to turn off the aircooled rig to here these running in the same room, they are nice and quite**

Andrey Mamontov

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

Three loops is too much for me :) If it possible im looking for one loop... How many water blocks and radiators can handle by one pump like this: http:// ?

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Keep in mind that you did ask me, so I am going to give you my honest opinion on both order and configuration of this loop. To gain the most performance out of a single loop with three devices and two radiators and one pump a D5 is what I use that is what you have a pic of only that is a koolance model and I use swiftech models. I would get a tube style reservoir for this build as well. I like that style of reservoir they work great for what they are designed to do. Ok so back to the design of this rig I would try to get 2 360mm radiators and link them in parallel with each other like this.

Then I would link the CPU Block and both the Video card blocks in parallel with each other kind of like this.

With two cards I do not think that the pump will fit under the cards but I hope that you get the idea.

So for the order of the loop as long as the reservoir is before the pump and above the pump the rest of the order does not really matter.

i hope this helps.

To give you some more ideas this is how I linked all of my SSD blocks

**edit two 80mm thick, by 240mm long monstra alphacool radiators might do the job**