PC Wont turn on when displayport plugged in! PLS Help

iFragwar

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
Hi. My PC wont turn on if i have a DisplayPort connected to it. And if i try, it turns on for 1 sec, and then it wont turn on again, until i have replugged the motherboard power cable.
I have 3 screens. One with HDMI, one with DVI, and one with DisplayPort.

Any help?

My GPU: Sapphire AMD 7850

Zeallot

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
Is the DisplayPort active or passive? Only certain cards can have more than 2 active monitor connections available. This is because the card may only support 2 clocks (active). I'm thinking an active DisplayPort Adaptor might be needed. Or was it running perfect before? I had the same issue with mine for awhile. The graphics card was already running two ports, and the third wouldn't work. I switched to an active adaptor and everything was smooth.

Zeallot

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
I know, im saying that your third monitor may require an active adaptor, because the card is out of available clocks.

iFragwar

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
Hmm, maybe. But something even more strange is, that when i turn off my PC after im done using it, Windows shuts down, but the PC keeps running. And the PC can turn on, and have 3 monitors if i just plug in the DisplayPort cable after i turned it on.