Your question

Has My Computer Been Hacked?

Tags:
  • Hacking
  • Computers
  • Business Computing
Last response: in Business Computing
November 15, 2013 7:48:40 PM

This is a bit of a weird topic, but I don't know where else to turn. But, I figured at least somebody out there would know the answer to my question, so I went here. So, I have saved information on my computer like my passwords and credit information so it makes it easier to buy stuff and I don't have to type it in every time (I buy a lot of things on Amazon). Anyways, somehow somebody out there found my credit card information and charged about $400 on my card. I worked everything out and I got the money back, but I still have one question, how did he find my information? I was talking to my mom about it, and she said that he hacked into my computer and saw the information on my computer. It's obvious he didn't physically find out my password and hack into my computer, because I live in Alaska and the charges came from Texas. I told my mom that isn't possible, the information is stored on my hard drive and there is no way anybody can find it unless they physically look at the files in my computer. But really, I don't know that much about it. Can somebody look at my saved password files from another computer, or is that just not possible? I'm really torn on this and I looked on the internet but I haven't found anything. If anybody knows anything about this, it would be very thankful.

More about : computer hacked

December 15, 2013 1:40:41 PM

That may have happened but then again maybe when you were using your card in a shop the assistant may have took a copy of your details, your card details could have been stolen from anywhere, if you think it's from your computer then run an Anti Virus scan or if you really scared re-install windows and put a diff password on.
!