Trying to diagnose my computer's hardware

What piece of hardware is causing this? (I've tested the RAM enough to pretty much know it's not the

• SSD

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • CPU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Motherboard/other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

albrethsen26

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
So I've run multiple diagnostic tools against all of my hardware, and none of them can ever find anything wrong. But...I have had to re install my OS about 10-20 times in the past couple of months, because after every install I start getting system errors. I will always get a message from Action Center saying I need to "check drive for errors" and when I do that, and reboot, the drive checker fails and windows goes into Automatic Repair, which also fails. I then reboot and everything seems fine for awhile, until it happens again, and this time the automatic repair goes in an endless loop which I can only end by refreshing my PC or just doing a complete re install.

It sounds to me like it is my SSD, but all the drive health programs (HDD Health, and others like it) tell me it is 100% healthy. Is it possible that these diagnostic tools do not work properly with SSDs (even though they claim to) or that an issue could exist while still reporting 100% health?

About system:
SSD: OCZ Vector 256gb
Motherboard: Gigabyte 990FXA UD3 rev 1.1
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition

superman1370

Honorable
May 20, 2012
Okay, so the first thing I would tell you to do is get another copy of windows. It could be the issue of you having a corrupt windows that you are installing onto your computer. If the computer still have the issues after install a different copy of Windows than I would recommend you to use a spare hardrive/SSD to determine if its your old SSD issue or any other components.

If you think my answer helped. Please vote.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Make sure you have the latest BIOS and mobo drivers - if already done that - then throw a platter drive in their and install Win on the platter - if no problems then it's the SSD or the SSD's firmware - have you checked for a firmware update?