I want to buy my 14 yo a gaming system that he isn't going to break out of frustration or my bank account. What is the best g

psychodegu

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
If your son or daughter breaks things out of frustration I would not suggest getting them an electronic device. Instead make then do chores to gain an allowance, over time (reasonably long amount of time) they will get enough to buy the console of their choice. Encourage then to research their decision. The effort they put into getting will give the respect for the value of things and will result in them being very unlikely to break any of the things they worked for. If you need to tell them that you will match a certain amount of the allowance that goes towards the new system, so that you can keep their allowance low but reduce the amount of time it will take for them to get the device.

Again if this is for Christmas or something and they have a tendency to break things, don't bother getting them a delicate electronic device.

jay2577

Honorable
What country are you in?
Can you buy the parts and build one yourself or have a friend who could build a system out of separate components? It would be cheaper that way.