AMD APU13: Chris Roberts, More Talks Future of Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
It's both amusing and troubling that the direction the panel devs want to go in isn't the direction gamers seem to want to go in. That is, I don't know too many gamers with vested interest in anything to do with mobile gaming.

Honestly, I think these Q&A sessions are just a bunch of PR circle jerks. It's like the magic trick where you convince someone that they're making choices when you're leading the questions the whole time. I would MUCH prefer seeing the devs put to tough questions, such as game & DLC pricing practices, the follies of pre-ordering, why so many dev houses are unable to hit deadlines, etc.

hannibal

Distinguished

You have to remember that facebook "games", games like minesweep in windows and games like Angry birds (in mobile platforms) are the most popular games in the world... I don't play them. The angry birds actually is reasonable good game, what I know about it, but most games that are among the most popular games in the world are not interesting and gamers don't play them... But allso those people who are not actually gamers play games and mobile games are the next big thing in volumes! The game makers don't wont to make the best game in the world (well actually they want to if it is in balance with the real reason...), they wont to make games that makes most profit. If a game like Farmsville (the most popular FB-game) makes best profit, they make games like those!

I think that you know gamers, but hardcore gamers are not the most important customer base that game studios are after. They want to make games that everyone from Lissy 2 years to Tom 95 years are willing to play. And it means guite simple games that allso mobile platfors are suitable to run and simple FB apps that can be played in guite short time period. They want casual gamers and their money, bacause there are more of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.