Possible Computer Build - Cyberpower

OptimusBenign

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
I feel stupid buying something so close to Black Friday/Cyber Monday but I haven't heard of any great deals on desktops, yet. The thing I'm most concerned about is all the horror stories I've heard with Cyberpower PC. What do you guys think?

Link: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1FKDCR

I also tried to remake this in partpicker but I kind of want to avoid building it myself: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/23Uq9

Specs:
CPU: AMD FX-4300 3.80 GHz Quad-Core AM3+ CPU 4MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology [-64]
HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1866MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG V2)
MOTHERBOARD: * GIGABYTE 970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX w/ Ultra Durable 4 Classic, On/Off Charge, GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 2 PCI
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: AMD Radeon R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+53] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

Solution
I took a look, its about same price. but if you build it yourself you will know what went in. keep in mind they are a business and they are here to make money, not look out for your interests

OptimusBenign

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

Thanks, but that...ends up being a bit more expensive. Walmart doesn't even show you info about the PSU. That's scary.

immortalpenguin9

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
well cyber power has a rep of using junk power supplies if you don't choose to upgrade...I just had to replace one for a guy at my job some off brand xtreme gear 800 watt and it only lasted him about 2.5 months...if you look around online you can see how they tend to pop

OptimusBenign

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

Thanks, but using PCpart picker this cyberpower build looks like it would actually save me money.

Also, thanks for the info about the PSU immortal penguin. That does seem to be an issue with them. Has anyone seen any deals for black friday and should I assume that they'll be better than this?

Silverfern

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
I took a look, its about same price. but if you build it yourself you will know what went in. keep in mind they are a business and they are here to make money, not look out for your interests

Solution

OptimusBenign

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

Yeah, that absolutely makes sense but they also can't consistently produce a garbage product or else they wouldn't be in business. I'm mostly worried about missing a Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal but I haven't seen anything as good as this advertised yet.