Kompatibility of Korean Moniters

Phaydze

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
Hey guys,
I was just looking at one of those Kheap Korean monitors (oh God, the puns) and was worrying about it. What could be the potential problems with it? Many thanks,
Phaydze
P.S. I live in England

g-unit1111

Titan

Here's my understanding of these displays from the research that I have been doing. Most of these displays are built around rejected Apple panels. If the panels don't meet Apple standards, they get repackaged and sold as these displays. Which is why stores can get away with selling them for cheap. If you do decide to use one of these displays, you must go through a vendor that offers "pixel perfect" quality control where the monitor is unboxed and tested before they ship it to you. Otherwise if you don't, they may be cheaper but you risk getting a defective pixel or string of pixels. Plus your GPU must have a DVI D-Link cable. Tread carefully. If you don't know what you are doing, research more before buying such a monitor.

Evankiller9

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
If you buy a "Pixel Perfect" version of the monitor, it will not come with dead pixels. I was actually thinking about the Achieva Shimian 2560x1440 monitor and have read a lot of awesome reviews, the only complaints with them seems to be a little more back light bleeding than wanted, the not-so-rigid stand, and the insanely awful integrated speakers. I would go for it though. As g-unit1111 said, make sure you have the correct inputs, and if your going to game on it, a suitable graphics card.

saying they are "rejected" ......... i never read that. never saw that in any of the online etailer videos.............. guess if it were I who was under cutting $$ major brand name monitors, you would be reading swifty_morgan monitors are rejected by..................

and where you say"GPU must have a DVI D-Link cable".............. actually it's the monitor that needs to come with a cable ( and they do ).......... but when's the l;ast time you purchased a new video card and it didn't come with proper ports? ........... sans mini hdmi

Phaydze

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
Yeah, planning to get the QNIX based on the fact that most people own them over the X-Stars, and that the QNIX response time is 6ms, compared to the X-Star's 8ms. I plan to buy the Sapphire R9 290 (which has Dual-Length DVI).
I'd feel more comfortable buying a pixel-perfect monitor, and I don't mind if it's £20 more expensive, I kinda just want the reassurance that I'm getting a good product. Oh, and I plan to buy Ebay's 3 Year SquareTrade warranty, just because I don't want the hassle of shipping to and from Korea, and just want a simple solution if something goes wrong.

The X-Star and Qnix are the same monitor with a different name on them, they are both 8ms its just listed wrong on the Qnix. Since you're in the UK make sure you ask the seller to mark the value below $170 or so as imported items worth more than 135 quid get a shit tonne of tax.

The two are literally identical, they use the same Samsung PLS panel, they have the same response time. If you are worried about input lag, there is none, the input goes straight into the panel, theres no processing like on a normal monitor, so theres no lag.

Import tax was about 30 quid on mine.

Phaydze

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
So there is no less than 8ms 1440p Korean display?
:(
It's good to know that I shouldn't notice the response time, however. Between the QNIX and X-Star, which would you recommend?

Phaydze

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
Do you know which seller would be best? There's dream-seller and excellentcastle, y'know, all those guys, but which do you think is the best (if you have any knowledge of the sellers)

People unanimously say to avoid dreamseller, I think it was due to people getting damaged monitors and them not wanting to replace it. I personally used Accessorieswhole, they speak good English and are the cheapest around, can't complain.

TRENDING THREADS