Two (2) monitor set-up on HD 7970

toughie

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
Hi! Newbie here! I need the help of the community before I go to the computer parts store and purchase the things I need.

My GPU: HIS HD 7970 3gb/384bit

I have 2 monitors at home, 1 is a 16 inch LCD (vga port/cable) and the other is a 19 inch LED (vga port/cable)

I have connected the 19 inch LED to the DVI port of my GPU using the VGA to DVI adapter that came with my GPU. There are also 2 spare adapters that is in the box, a DVI to HDMI adapter and a DVI to Mini-DP adapter.

My question is:

1.) How do I connect my 2nd monitor which is the 16 inch LCD with VGA port/cables to my GPU?

(if I need to purchase an additional cable/adapter)

2.) Would it be a VGA to DVI cable so I can use the DVI to HDMI adapter and plug my 19 inch LED to the HDMI port of the GPU and plug the 16 inch LCD to the VGA to DVI adapter, hook it up to the DVI port of the GPU?

3.) or a VGA to HDMI cable (if it does exist)? Plug this cable to my 19 inch LED and hook it up to the HDMI port of the GPU and plug the 16 inch LCD to the VGA to DVI adapter and hook it up to the DVI port of the GPU?

4.) Other suggestions that is the most convenient will be greatly appreciated

Solution
The 2nd thing you mentioned would be the easiest, in my opinion. or, just get a DVI Splitter, buy another dvi cable and a dvi-vga adapter, and plug the spittler into the gpu, then the to cables into your monitors.

deadmaufive

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2013
The 2nd thing you mentioned would be the easiest, in my opinion. or, just get a DVI Splitter, buy another dvi cable and a dvi-vga adapter, and plug the spittler into the gpu, then the to cables into your monitors.

Solution

toughie

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

Hello! I just went to the computer parts store and purchased a DVI to VGA adapter. I connected it to the VGA cable of my 19 inch LED and hooked it up to the HDMI port of my GPU, but unfortunately it has no signal.

However, I tried connecting my 16 LCD to the DVI to VGA adapter to the DVI to Mini-DP and hooked it up to the Mini-DP port while my 19 inch LED is connected to the DVI port of my GPU, the LCD was detected it but there is no signal.

How do I make everything work? I can provide additional information upon request.

Thank you!