Graphic card spins super slow and no display on monitor

Solution
Attempt to reseat the GPU and connect the 8 pin and 24pin power connectors to the motherboard. Try booting with just the mobo, GPU and one stick of RAM. I am unsure how many ram sticks you have installed while troubleshooting but just have 1 RAM stick installed and if it doesn't work, attempt to move the RAM into a different DIMM slot.

Make sure your GPU is connected properly (check your manual if need be) because I believe this is either a connection issue or faulty RAM issue but leaning more toward a connection issue.

Thyrax

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
With the limited information given:

Did you test the onboard GPU to ensure your monitor, onboard GPU, cords are all working? After that.. please answer the following questions

What GPU do you have?

If it's a PCI-E card (which I assume it is), did you connect the PCI-E cord into the card/PSU?

When starting the PC, does the fan start spinning then stop?

Did you attempt to reseat the GPU?

Neweg

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013

The onboard graphics on the motherboard didnt work.

my graphic card is 7870 powercolor myst

The cord is in the gpu

When i start it the fan starts spinning slowly then stops and repeats

I did not try to reseat the gpu yet

Thyrax

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
Please specify your mobo model?

I don't know how it doesn't work unless your mobo is defective in some way. Some AMD mobos don't have integrated gpus.

Did you test your monitor to ensure functionality?

Lastly, what model PSU are you using?

Neweg

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013

ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS

Yes i tryed 2 monitors that work and both nothing.

my psu is evga 500b

Thyrax

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
Attempt to reseat the GPU and connect the 8 pin and 24pin power connectors to the motherboard. Try booting with just the mobo, GPU and one stick of RAM. I am unsure how many ram sticks you have installed while troubleshooting but just have 1 RAM stick installed and if it doesn't work, attempt to move the RAM into a different DIMM slot.

Make sure your GPU is connected properly (check your manual if need be) because I believe this is either a connection issue or faulty RAM issue but leaning more toward a connection issue.

Solution

Neweg

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013

ty it worked