Need to update my drivers for youtube videos to play smoothly, but can't. Please help!

DriftLV1

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
So here's my predicament. Firstly, starting today, Youtube videos on Chrome and Firefox have been playing really choppy and and stuttering constantly (but it works fine on IE). I've not downloaded or updated a single thing, and it just happened in the middle of the day out of no where.

I singled out the problem of Flash player, for some reason, consuming 3x the amount of CPU power when i'm playing a video (I can see this in the task manager). I've done everything to try and fix this. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Chrome and Firefox, un and re-installing Flash player, scanning my PC for viruses multiple times, and even used a known fix in the "about: plugins" part of Chrome, but doing that only made the choppyness worse.

The only other thing that I haven't tried and has been said to be a solution is to update my graphics card drivers.

This sounds easy enough, but there's one huge problem. Every time I use the device manager to search for new drivers for my graphics card (which is a AMD Radeon HD 7640G, and my CPU just in case you're wondering is a AMD A8-4500M APU) my entire computer just goes absolutely haywire.

AMD Catalyst won't start, and neither will steam or skype, and there will just be a multitude of weird glitches and performance problems all over the place, and i've seen this happen every time i've downloaded it.

So there's my problem. Is there any way past this? Can I actually update my graphics card driver without messing up my computer? Or is there another fix to this stupid flash player issue?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks =)

chrisso

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013

Dont use device manager to change drivers. Erase the drivers in my comp , hdd,, (+ everything else , catalist etc) use driver sweeper to clean out fragments, then install latest drivers from site posted earlier.
no garrentees but what i would try.

DriftLV1

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
Funny thing is, is that I went to that page and it said I was already using that. I even tested both out, and both still use flash player, and both are still choppy.

Also that driver site has one of my biggest pet peeves.

There is no damn download button. Well, there is, but all that does is just either reload the page, or bring me back to the driver selection page. Any other sites I could use?

DriftLV1

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013

Is that AMD Catalyst? I downloaded that and it downloaded some stuff, but none of it seemed to be for my graphics card itself. I'll try this out, thanks!

Hopefully this is also what is causing the problem, because if it isn't, there's nothing else I can do 3: