Cheap Gaming Build

k1ngdookie

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
So I'm looking for a decent computer build around $1000 there is flexibility if needed. I have a monitor a keyboard and mouse. I have already purchased a mid sized ATX case. (NZXT Source 220 CA-SO220-01) I would like to be able to play a wide variety of games ranging between MMO-RPG-FPS with out having difficulties and decent FPS. Please suggest accessories, overclocking, add-ons if you think it would enhance the playing experience.

captiantaco

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
Here is my build. It cost me about 900 bucks. You can get a better case and more/faster ram within your budget. You could even get a better graphics card. Also sli ready if you get a second graphics card in the future. I would get a better power supply too. Gold rated.

i5 3570k ivy bridge processor 3.4 ghz
Msi gtx 760 2gb gddr5
asrock z77 extreme 4
Western digital blue 500gb (not so sure about the color)
cheapest DVD drive I could find (LG 18$)
Thermaltake 700w psu bronze rated
8gb adata ram 1600 megahertz
Cooler master hyper 212 Evo
Couple extra fans
Thermaltake commander case (not so sure about name)

I built the whole thing myself. It is a little tight on space but nothing to bad. Ram does not interfere with cooler. I wouldn't use extra big heatsinks like gskill or corsair though.
I got it all from microcenter (in store) but you could probably find it all on newegg.com

Edit: Runs Battlefield 3 flawless on ultra. Planetside 2 flawless. (mmo/fps extremely cpu intensive)
Mirror's edge, Medal of Honor, minecraft, mw3, and all the Dead Spaces perfectly on ultra.

It will overclock upwards of 4.2 but any higher I would recommend a better cooler. I'm not overclocking right now because I just don't have the time.

Gaming mice are nice especially for mmos.
Logitech g700 has just the right amount of buttons for me. To many is annoying to me.

Edit: I meant you could get a better case than mine, which you already did obviously.