Which one would you go with from these 2 options? (Corsair / Kingston, same specs)

xMosfet

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Hello,

Just wondering which one you guys think is better between the following 2 options:
1) Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 C10 1.5v
2)Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 C10 1.5v

Please I'm not asking for other memory suggestions as these the only 2 options I have access to locally.

The pros of the HyperX is the low profile. Although I always hear that Corsair makes quality memory. So I'm in confusion.

Both are almost the same price.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
Kinda weird that the only two options you have are high latency 8gb single sticks, but just buy the cheaper of the two. They are both "quality" brands and will do what they say they will. Price would be my only concern between the two.

xMosfet

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013

Yea, it's weird. I'm kinda torn apart between going with C9 1.5v 2x4GB or C10 1.5v 2x8GB.

Online ordering isn't an option for me so I'm only limited to what my local store offers.

Would you think going C9 8GB ram beats C10 16GB ram? I read many articles on how memory scales on haswell and the difference between C9 and C10 is almost indistinguishable. I felt that going with 16GB C10 is wiser, so my new build stays future-proof (4770k / ud3h, still not assembled).

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
I'm kinda torn apart between going with C9 1.5v 2x4GB

a MUCH better option, lower latency, and the advantage of being dual channel (more bandwidth) Do this if its an option if you only game, I can't imagine using more than 8gb for a long time I have 16 gigs and Have yet to see my computer hit any over 6.5gb at once (unless I fire up a virtual machine)

xMosfet

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013

The 2x8 will also be running in dual channel, no? so the only advantage is the latency, and the difference is like nothing from what i've read. Please correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm going to make the purchase soon (tomorrow or so).

TRENDING THREADS