Do I need to upgrade my GeForce GTX 560 (non ti)?

cuttooth

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Hi,
I have a GigaByte GeForce GTX 560 (non ti) with 1 gb of GDDR5 ram. I bought this about 2 years ago for around $180 Canadian.

I'm wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade to a new card at a similar price range ($150-200). Also what would be the best card at this price range? I don't care if it's nvidia or ati. Lastly, How much of a performance increase could I expect from this?

Thanks.

Not really. A 760 would be the lowest significant step up, its a bit more than $200 but around twice as fast. Also no point in buying another card if you are happy with what you have.

papablista

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
I have the exact same card and have been considering a upgrade but it really plays all my games well, on mostly high and ultra settings, it runs cool and no lags or stutters so I decided to ride it out, Basically are you happy with how this card performs, I figured it wasn't worth the extra money I'm personally waiting untill I need an upgrade.. I'm playing most of the new games Batman AO, Fear 3, FarCry 2&3,Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2, Planetside 2, Assassins Creed 3,NFSpeed Rivals & MW, Bioshock Infinity etc.