Solved

Eyefinity with radeon r9 270x with three monitors that are only vga and dvi

So i just picked up some aoc 23 inch ips panels for eyefinity, the r9 270x has two dvi ports, hdmi port, and a dosplay port. Problem is: my monitors only have dvi and vga ports, can i use a hdmi to dvi cable for the third monitor?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about eyefinity radeon 270x monitors vga dvi
  1. Of course you can. Do your monitors support HD? Also what type of DVI ports are there on the monitors?
  2. SycoSight said:
    So i just picked up some aoc 23 inch ips panels for eyefinity, the r9 270x has two dvi ports, hdmi port, and a dosplay port. Problem is: my monitors only have dvi and vga ports, can i use a hdmi to dvi cable for the third monitor?

Did you ever get this figured out? Im having the same issue
  3. huilun02 said:

i do have those adaptors. i herd some where on a different form that there was a special one that has to be active for the 3rd monitor to work

my set up
    dvi-hdmi-dvi
    dvi-hdmi-dvi
    hdmi-dvi

then later i want to hook my 50 led tv up also. im getting a display port to hdmi adaptor in a couple days.
  4. No, the special active converter is to change a digital signal into an analog signal if you require a VGA connection to a monitor.

In your case all monitors accept digital input (DVI) so you do not need an active converter.

I don't know if your card will be able to run four monitors.
  5. huilun02 said:
    No, the special active converter is to change a digital signal into an analog signal if you require a VGA connection to a monitor.

In your case all monitors accept digital input (DVI) so you do not need an active converter.

I don't know if your card will be able to run four monitors.

This is my cardhttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125476

It's says it should but just boggling my mind right now.
  6. Best answer
    Well I found a video where a single HD 7870 runs four monitors in Eyefinity 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V-db4zEJWw

Technically the R9 270X is the same card and has the same output options so it should run your four monitors.
  7. Aaron Carnes said:
    huilun02 said:

i do have those adaptors. i herd some where on a different form that there was a special one that has to be active for the 3rd monitor to work

my set up
    dvi-hdmi-dvi
    dvi-hdmi-dvi
    hdmi-dvi

then later i want to hook my 50 led tv up also. im getting a display port to hdmi adaptor in a couple days.

I'm thinking about running a similar setup, can i ask why youre having to use dvi-hdmi-dvi instead of just dvi-dvi?
Ask a new question

Read More

DVI HDMI VGA Monitors Graphics Port