Shoeys Custom Gaming Rig Build - Water Cooling advice

shoey85

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
Hey guys, I have ordered a whole lot of stuff from Amazon, Newegg, Local suppliers PLE, MSY and PC Case Gear here in Aus, so here goes it:

Mobo - Asus X79 Deluxe
CPU - i7 4930
GPU's - 2 x GTX 780 Classified Hydro Copper
Ram - G.Skill Ripjaw 16gb (4x4) @ 2400
Case - Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Water Cooling - EK Supremacy Gold CPU Water Block, GPU's stock WB's
1 x 480 x 60mm Rad - GPU's
1 x 240 x 60mm Rad - CPU
1TB Samsung Evo840 SSD
PSU - Corsair 1200i
Windows 8.1 64 bit
4 x 500Gb WD Black (in raId 0 these are old) + WD Velociraptor 600GB
Various: pumps hoses fittings dual bay res (Dual Loop set up)

I already have the case, hard drives, PSU and Mobo so all the cooling is yet to arrive, I am a noob to proper water cooling (previously used closed loops), is there any thing I should watch out for when doing the install?

Also will these Rads be sufficient to cool the system? yes it will get over clocked, I can't seem to find the info on how effective they are, they will both be push/pull fan setups

ZionZA

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
You should test the water cooling outside of the system for a day or two to check for leaks before actually placing it inside the PC. Double check everything. If there is a leak after connecting it to the actual pc then disconnect everything and follow the proper procedure to make sure everything is dry before reassembly. Also don't be impatient with this. I can't stress that enough. Impatience and custom water cooling can leave you with a dead PC.

The Radiators efficiency depends on the Fans connected to them. You want high static pressure fans.