New Build vs. Custom Build

Personally Build Gaming PC or Order Pre-built Custom Gaming PC?

• Build it yourself despite your inexperience building PC's

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Buy Pre-Built Custom Gaming PC from Online Retailer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

river7city

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
Hey guys,

Recently, I have been in the market for an all new gaming PC. Though I plan to use the machine primarily for high demand gaming, I also intend to do some video editing as well as some audio/music recording. I have been a console gamer for a long time, but now want to get back into PC gaming.

My dilemma is, I have never before built my own computer and I am somewhat apprehensive/intimidated. I don't want to put a lot of money into quality parts, to have something go wrong due to my ignorance or inexperience. Another alternative I have considered, is buying from one of these online detailers who build PC's specifically for gaming (ibuypower.com, digitalstormonline.com, cyberpowerpc.com, etc.). I also have some reservations about that as I have heard some negative things (skimping on components, obviously more expensive, etc.). All that said, I am interested what you guys have heard about some of the mentioned companies as well as what overall would be the best decision for someone in my position (in your opinion of course). :??:

Thanks in advance. Cheers!

Check out mysuperpc.com. It's a great site that will get you through, step-by-step, of everything you need to do to build a PC, from choosing your parts to your first boot (And then the second boot for your OS). Building yourself is not only cheaper, but you have more options in the parts you get, like the CPU type and the GPU type, and you can choose the manufacturer and the model, eg Gigabyte 780ti of Gigabyte Windforce 780ti.

river7city

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013

Wow, awesome advice. I will definitely check that site out! I think that may just be the resource to give me the confidence I need to feel comfortable putting together my first PC. Thanks again, and I will let you know what I think and ultimately decide.