First Gaming PC, wondering if price is worth the parts

DonQuixoteMC

Distinguished
Looks good, I only have a few suggestions:

Processor: Right now you have an i5-3470, for $20 more you could get the i5-3570k which is a significant improvement. Either way, you're fine.

Motherboard: That's a good motherboard you have listed, but take a look at this one, It's cheaper. Although it does have less ports, looking at your current build, that shouldn't be a problem. Just something to consider.

Operating System: I'm Just wondering why you went with Windows 8 Pro.

Everything else looks solid! I guess you could find a cheaper case (This one, maybe?) but that's not a big deal at all.

Nice job!

DonQuixoteMC

labcoatman

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
Pricewise, the processor jump was covered by the cheaper case, so thanks for that

I am leaning towards the current MOBO I chose as I personally prefer to use ASUS

Went Windows 8 Pro because I wanted to see endprices with some of the best stuff, but looking at the benefits, Windows 8 Normal seems better for $40 less

Thanks for the input

DonQuixoteMC

Distinguished

Yeah, the motherboard was a shot in the dark. I probably shouldn't have recommended it without due research. It looked fine on paper, but I had never heard of the brand before, and it's super inexpensive. Which is a suspicious combination for getting a lemon. I have to agree with you on sticking with your original motherboard.
In the event that you would need to shave the price down, I would look for a slightly cheaper motherboard. Regardless, ASUS motherboards are just nice to work with. So you can't really go wrong.

I was always curious if Windows 8 pro was better than normal Windows 8. I just never was forty dollars curious. :p

Glad I could help. Have fun with the build!

DonQuixoteMC