Dual GTX 770 and Intel Core i7 4770k?

TheGoat Eater

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
Just make sure that if you are doing dual 770s that you take into account choosing ones with good coolers. Make sure that the airflow to the card is sufficient since it will likely be running at higher temps. MSI has some great models with the Twin Frozr coolers that do a great job of staying cool and quiet. If you go with the 770 Lightning I can assure you that is a good choice - I had a blast testing that card.

defiler2k

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
No the 4770K will not bottleneck your dual GTX770, I have them myself and they work and OC very well. I have the EVGA ACX cooler versions and the temps are nice for the cooler. The only bottleneck would be if you have a board with a PLX chip as that ads a little lag to the cards (only noticeable in benching). Otherwise you would be great.

If you are curious about performance here is my firestrike score.

TheDroneGamers

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
Ok thanks, will make sure I cool them properly. Also, I am buying a Monitor with my system and moving to the UK in about 9 months, so would the monitor or any other peripherals such as my keyboard or mouse not work in the UK? And I know I need a socket adapter and a PSU with a red switch.

TheGoat Eater

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
you should be fine - I most monitor power bricks should be able to handle both places - may just need a new power cord lead for the monitor and the PSU