Your question
Closed

PS4 Gets Its First Post-launch Firmware Update

Last response: in News comments
November 21, 2013 2:02:55 PM

Why does Japan get it last?
Score
November 21, 2013 2:06:59 PM

Everyone else is beta testing for Japan? Games available now for the PS4 are of little interest to the Japanese market? I'm making wild guesses because I have no clue =)
Score
Related resources
November 21, 2013 2:20:26 PM

Because they are still in training. Once they get the PS4, they will be on the "hacker" level of skill and slaughter us on the Multiplayer field.
Score
November 21, 2013 3:24:34 PM

well, 3 out of 4 people i know who have one say it's ... mediocre at best... I haven't actually tried one, so, i can't judge yet, but those people are serious ps3 fans :s
Score
November 21, 2013 4:03:25 PM

If its not enabling blue tooth devices its not worth it... I'm liking my PS4 except for the fact that everything blue tooth is broken, even my official Sony made PS3 blue tooth headset doesnt work.... WTF.... last I checked blue tooth was a standard. how can the console not support it...

Console = Nice, Lack of use of any of my current peripherals = BS
Score
November 21, 2013 4:28:23 PM

I was at Future Shop few days ago, and wanted to try the PS4 demo. But the screen was frozen :-) I decided to get the next hardware revision, since the first one is probably buggy.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
November 21, 2013 5:21:16 PM

Does the PS4 automatically download AND install the updates? If so, I'm not sure I'd like that. I know I've dodged a couple bad firmware updates on my PS3 because I didn't have automatic updates enabled.

Casey
Score
November 21, 2013 6:12:10 PM

My experience says that we're all beta testing for Japan. You can't imagine the level of perfection they expect out of everything. I have read that it's so bad that it's actually hurting their economy because perfection hurts efficiency.
Score
November 21, 2013 8:45:22 PM

ssalim said:
Why does Japan get it last?

Because the country is doomed. Their debt to GDP is insane. Plus: Fukushima, Russia up top (Kuril Islands dispute), China below (Diaoyus/Senkakus islands dispute). =They're constantly scrambling F-15's. And in the USA, Kia & Hyundai are out-dumping Toyotas.

You work in a factory so you can buy food and pay the "family mortgage", that has been inherited for generations.

A PS4, that would be an unacceptable indulgence... And just plane unaffordable for the masses.
Score
November 21, 2013 10:12:39 PM

Why does Japan get the PS4 last ? Simple.

Sony doesn't have an unlimited stock of PS4s so they want to sell as many PS4s in countries where the Xbox usually does well or not too bad before the Xbox one is out. The Xboxes historically don't sell well in Japan so there is no need to beat the Xbox one's release date in that country. It's clever business.
Score
November 21, 2013 10:23:30 PM

Quote:
Why does Japan get the PS4 last ? Simple.

Sony doesn't have an unlimited stock of PS4s so they want to sell as many PS4s in countries where the Xbox usually does well or not too bad before the Xbox one is out. The Xboxes historically don't sell well in Japan so there is no need to beat the Xbox one's release date in that country. It's clever business.
Christmas also isn't as big a deal in Asia as it is in the western world.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
November 22, 2013 1:43:19 AM

Not bad. 1 Week is very fast indeed.
Score
November 22, 2013 5:41:34 AM

cklaubur said:
Does the PS4 automatically download AND install the updates? If so, I'm not sure I'd like that. I know I've dodged a couple bad firmware updates on my PS3 because I didn't have automatic updates enabled.

Casey

No, it doesn't install them automatically. Game updates, it will do, but system Firmware it asks before installing.
Score
November 22, 2013 6:24:24 AM

I like PS4 except torrents of shit by Microsoft's marketeers. Including this very forum.
Score
November 22, 2013 10:43:11 AM

NightLight said:
well, 3 out of 4 people i know who have one say it's ... mediocre at best... I haven't actually tried one, so, i can't judge yet, but those people are serious ps3 fans :s

Their fanboy level must be over 9k
Score
November 22, 2013 12:18:36 PM

Getting reports of xbox one having blu-ray reader problems, xbox live isn't working, the controller isn't working and the kinect isn't working for some.
Score
November 22, 2013 12:59:46 PM

Why UK is not on that list
Score
!