Microsoft Wants to Sell You Anti-Google Mugs and T-shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

xroe

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
Meanwhile they give the biggest insult away for free, internet explorer. On a side note though it really is the single best browser to download chrome with.

joaompp

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
As if MicroSoft is any better, charging $60 a month just to get a phone number for Skype for a year, and they collect all your data by trying to force users to install that crappy Bing bar inside IE. A situation of the pot calling the kettle black. Except in this case, MicroSoft's services are no where near as good as Google's.

carnage9270

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
How about:

Microsoft: Pot Meet Kettle
and on the back:
We should probably fix our crap before we start slingin it on other companies.

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
When a company resorts to low brow tactics like this you know they're running on fumes. If it wasn't for Microsoft's huge cash reserves they'd be on their way out already.

If they're going to survive they need new leadership.

tacobravo

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
@ badaxe2

"When a company resorts to low brow tactics like this you know they're running on fumes. If it wasn't for Microsoft's huge cash reserves they'd be on their way out already."

Like the same low brow tactics that Apple used against Microsoft for years?

wdmfiber

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

Na, ... Microsoft is a giant "blue chip", steady earnings of several billion every quarter(4 months). And realistically if Windows & Office somehow disappeared; world infrastructure/economy would collapse. It would be like the end of time...

Google is just a big seller of ad space. If they went away... Google maps would be missed, that's about it.

However, as far a this bashing goes. Only Yahoo seemed to fight for the rights/privacy of the little guy.

I actually kind of like the "Step into our web" shirt but for the wrong reasons from MS' perspective. MS needs to stop this - I use chrome because the Web already monitors everything I do and at least it's not a PoS like IE.

Deal with it. Your browser is barely relevant to what gets tracked online - your surfing habits are.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

A big part of why Microsoft shows a profit every year is based around the fact that they make around $2 billion on patent lisencing fees on the sale of Android devices. In fact, that's what is keeping their Bing and Xbox divisions floating as those lose around that each year.

There are more people running Android devices in the world than Windows and most major government institutions run Linux for security and stability anyhow. The world could switch to Linux real easy and keep going just fine.

Office is becoming obsolete to the point where they are actually copying the collaborative elements of Google Docs to stay relevant. The time is soon coming where it will be marginalized freeware.

These antics do nothing more than portray Microsoft as the sore loser and spoiled brat of a company that it is. I can honestly say I'm proud that my household and the households of my immediate family will finally be Microsoft and Apple free after Christmas this year.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I love how the Google exec got all self-righteous when he found out the NSA was tapping into their data base.

Yeah, freaking steal all the info from people, even those that aren't even signed up for Google+, have the largest data base on those people ever created, and you don't expect the NSA to take advantage of it? Why should they do the work you've already done for them?

LL928

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
I don't see why so many of you are against this. Microsoft has done some pretty shady things, but they aren't making billions of dollars by selling information about people. It really like like Google is trying to become Skynet.

If you use Chrome then you must not care that Google tracks everything you do and even if you tell them not to, they do and they sell it anyways.

As well I noticed a lot of hacks for Android phones were happening through the WebKit enabled Chrome which means that Chrome on any platform, or Safari, are just as insecure.

I have been using IE9/10/11 and I love the TLP lists. They block so much crap, even that's on THG. THG looks like a nice clean website and there are no adds at all with TPL lists which is built into IE.

JD88, you might want to check your facts. The 360 started profiting a couple years ago. And Microsoft never makes much on the console itself, but rather XBL, the game sales and other subscription based services.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

Perhaps you should tell that to Business Insider Jim:

http://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-earns-2-billion-per-year-from-android-patent-royalties-2013-11

What do you guys think Bing is? A search engine that tracks what you enter in order to provide targeted advertising. Exactly the same business model as Google. In fact, Microsoft wants to be Google. Ballmer has said as much.

Microsoft fanboys also fail to mention how Microsoft has been overcharging the public for years by hundreds of dollars for an overrated operating system and office suite. They have been using monopoly power to do whatever they want for over a decade and can't do it anymore now that competition exists so they are throwing a fit.

Google might be taking my data but at least they aren't taking my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.