Power light blinking

lukas109

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
Hello.
I have bought a new computer, which works perfectly. However - When electricity goes off, or when i unplug the computer from electricity, the power diode would just blink for, i guess, about 30 minutes and then „stabilize".
I can not start the computer up by any means when the light blinks and i have to wait.
What is it? Why? Is it a problem or is it helpful?

I will try to fill in any information you want. For starters, click the rig button here : http://www.xfire.com/users/whome666 and you will see some basic infos.

Why does the power go off and why do you unplug the system? Sounds like your power supply is having issues with resetting itself and you can easily kill it and maybe the motherboard and hard drive if you have sudden power outages.

Get a UPS for the system so it can shutdown cleanly if the power goes out. This should be enough for a basic computer http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16842101494 Install the power software and connect the USB cable so it can send a shutdown command to the system when the power goes out.

lukas109

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
I have bought this computer second-hand, and it works perfectly except for this issue. I have, sadly, spent all my money on it. Can't afford a UPS now.
Power outages are quite often where i live. Not a daily basis, but, once in like... a month maybe, electricity in the whole area would keep getting disconnected in 10 minute intervals.
The PSU is a Seasonic 500W, which should be okay, i guess, so maybe its a MOBO problem?

How dangerous is it?

Thanks.

That's a good power supply. If you're asking how dangerous sudden power outages are, dangerous enough to cause the system to die either though the power supply, motherboard or hard-drive going bad. If it's a used system, no way to know how it was treated before, but the power supply may just be protecting itself when it takes a while to start up after a power outage.

lukas109

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
Well, thanks. I will see what i can do.

While i'm at it, althrough this isnt related, it still concerns my computer, so:
When i start AMD Overdrive, there are some voltages. All of them match the target voltage, but then there is a voltage called "SB core voltage", which i suppose is Southbridge maybe? The goal voltage is 1.200V, but current voltage is -2.640.
Wut?

When i open another program, MSI Afterburner to be more precise, it says my GPU voltage is 0.945 when idle, and when GPU usage is about 100% The voltage would be about 1.1V or 1.2V

Anything i should be afraid of?
Thanks.