How to set up multiple monitor with EVGA Card 760 4GB;What ports?

hikmayan

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
I want to put together multiple Monitors with 2_EVGA Card 760. How do you set the connections up to what ports?.

Solution
An adapter simply adapts one monitor connection to another (IE: VGA to DVI) say you have 3 monitors with DVI connections and your graphics card only has 2 DVI ports on the back you would use an adapter to change the connection type of the 3rd monitor so you can connect it to another port. Yes unless you have NVIDIA Surround enabled if you connect a second monitor it will function as a second monitor for regular computer use but only one of them will function for gaming the other monitor will not change its display.
I hope this has helped you.

polke45

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2008
You can connect them to any port you want whether it is DVI, HDMI, or Display Port. After you installed you Nvidia software, open the Nvidia Control Panel and under display, you can edit the position of your monitor and etc

If your monitor only support HDMI or DVI, you may need to buy an adapter

CNCSIT

Honorable
May 16, 2013
if its the same model i'm looking at it should have 2 DVI ports thats probably the easiest. Now you said "2_EVGA Card 760" does that mean you have 2 cards in an SLI? If so and you are looking to use them both for gaming you are some settings you will likely have to change.

hikmayan

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
Yap!,the same model Monitor(is that a problem or easy set up?).
Well my 2-EVGA Cards 760 are in a SLI Mode already and runs fine with only one Monitor. I am more in to 3D Modeling than Gaming(specifically 3DS Max 2014 Design). The second Monitor will be a plus but is that necessary;realistically?.If so, please feel free to direct me setting things up right. As for the SLI stuff single Monitor;all I did was installed the cards plus the SLI cable. Went to "Control Panel"=> NVIDIA Control Panel=>Configure SLI=> Activate or Enable SLI => Apply and done!. Restart PC. As for the gaming settings.please feel free to explain how that's done as well. I thank you very much for the assistance and kindness.

CNCSIT

Honorable
May 16, 2013
In an SLI one of the cards is the primary so your monitors would have to be plugged into that card. You will have a multi-monitor setup but when you game it will only come up on one monitor you will need to setup Nvidia Surround to be able to game with multiple monitors that Setting will be in the Nvidia control panel. This mode only works with a triple monitor setup (think about having the center of your view in a FPS being the seam between 2 monitors) and goes up in two's from there. And those screens must all match.

hikmayan

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
Thanks for the info. So an adapter is of no use except for triple Monitor or more settings?.well even though you have a dual monitor setting(for example), when you game it will only come up on one monitor;therefore,one must setup Nvidia Surround to be able to game with multiple monitors...(see attached screen).
http://i42.tinypic.com/2wqdekx.jpg
As shown,the Nvidia Surround is disabled; no 2nd Monitor connected atm, but you mean the 2nd radio button w/ config option beneath?...yeah!. OK,thanks again for your kindness.

CNCSIT

Honorable
May 16, 2013
An adapter simply adapts one monitor connection to another (IE: VGA to DVI) say you have 3 monitors with DVI connections and your graphics card only has 2 DVI ports on the back you would use an adapter to change the connection type of the 3rd monitor so you can connect it to another port. Yes unless you have NVIDIA Surround enabled if you connect a second monitor it will function as a second monitor for regular computer use but only one of them will function for gaming the other monitor will not change its display.
I hope this has helped you.

Solution

hikmayan

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013

hikmayan

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
Thank you very much for the feedback.
I get it Man,thanks for clarifying VGA / DVI stuff. For now I will keep the SLI set up active because it helps in rendering my 3D stuff. I play games once in a blue moon,too busy modeling Game assets for my project. Thanks again for your help. Have a wonderful day.