How long will the 780 handle 1080p ultra gaming for?

Legolas8181

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
I am doing a build and putting in a 780 but just wondering how long it will be before it can no longer perform like it can now and when it will get to the point where I have to buy another one.

probably around 3 years if you OC and stress it enough, and play a lot. 5 years if your a game every now again, stock settings kinda guy.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
Honestly, its hard for anyone to say, because a game like Crysis could come out again and potentially not be able to run on a 780 on ultra at 1080p.

However, as a guess, I would say around 2 years.

As long as you want. You could use it for 20 years, as long as you play older games. If you want to know how long you can play maxed out on all games, you can't do that now. As long as you are willing to compromise, it'll last several years.

TheDrunkenNerd

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
The 780 is a beast of a card that is gonna last a pretty decent time until it will stop playing games on Ultra. If you are referring to games that are already out then that would be for as long as you want. If you are talking about upcoming games in the coming years, that's hard to say because we don't know what developers are gonna make yet. I would guess at least 2-3 years before it will start to see it's age.