What makes us fanboys? please no fighting:)

What makes us Fanboys?

• A company treating us badly making us switch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An ethical choice about the company

• Someone telling you that a certain company is the best

• Hard research about the best performance

• I do not consider myself a fan of any company

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

jay2577

Honorable
I have noticed a lot of talk about fanboism in these and many other forums.
I am an AMD fanboy myself even though I admit intel have the best cpu's.
My reasons are as follows,
1. My switch from a pentium 3 cpu to an AMD 3500+ venice core was an amazing performance increase which instantly made me very happy with AMD cpu's. I have always been happy with my AMD cpu's since and have had no performance complaints even though intel regained and still have the performance lead.
2.I always had a Nvidia graphics card and was happy with the performance until I upgraded to windows vista while i had a Nvidia 8800 gpu. I had so many BSOD's because of the Nvidia drivers I switched sides with an AMD 6850 gpu and haven't had any problems since.
3. I feel that AMD has struggled over recent years and want to support the underdog.

I know many people have had different experiences and just wanted to hear from some of you:)
You can select up to 2 answers and please no fighting about who is the best:)

I want to be an amd user again as I was a huge amd fanboy long ago back in the ati days and I still own a amd 6400+ black edition dual core cpu lol. It was a great cpu and probably still works if I threw it into a pc, but I just need more convincing to pull me back over. However making someone a fanboy in my eyes is swearing by a product sayings its the best just because its price/performance is better or trying to argue with someone just to make yourself feel better about your purchase of one brand or another.

jay2577

Honorable
The amd 6400+ black edition cpu was an awesome cpu:)
Maybe I should of said fan instead of fanboy but what's done is done:)

jay2577

Honorable
I wish I would of kept some of my best loved components (Nvidia 6600gt) but they always end up going to some one who needs them more than me:)