PC crashing constantly

farfigschiter

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
So I built my PC a few weeks ago, all has been going swimmingly until recently I got BF4. Now quite a lot in BF4 (about every 30-60 minutes) my computer shuts off and won't let me turn it back on until I reset the power. Now I have fixed that problem (I think) by reseating everything in the PSU, but now instead of shutting down my game freezes and I can't do anything but turn it off by holding the power switch, no task manager or anything. Can someone help me with this? I'm getting pretty worried. Its probably not my specs or anything as I have 16GB of ram and 2x GTX 770's.

Thanks c:

Edit: Forgot to add this only happens when playing BF4.

SuctionDrop

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
Firstly what's the wattage on your psu? It should be at least 850 watts to run two GTX 770 as well as the rest of the system consistently.
Secondly have you been monitoring the temperatures of the video cards whilst playing battlefield? Having two of them without some extra fans could be causing to be running real hot.

farfigschiter

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013

My PSU is 850 watts, and the temperature is usually around 60-70 degrees celcius. Also I might add in that I have found a fix, which is to turn off SLI. This makes me think its a power supply problem.

farfigschiter

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013

The PSU is brand new.

SuctionDrop

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
Well the best thing would be to try a known working power supply, then you will know straight away if its the power supply or not.
Although inadequate power usually causes complete system crashes, not make your it freeze.
Just to confirm, you have tried running battlefield with both 770's by themselves and there is no crashes?
You could also try memtest, to make sure ram isn't a cause either.
It might not be directly related to your problem, but just make sure that you have all the latest drivers also.