SFC repair failed, iassdo.dll.mui hash mismatch, source file in store corrupted

plr

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
Been having some issues with video files being corrupted at random, so I checked for a dirty drive with fsutil, and the drive came back dirty. About 3 days ago I ran a full chkdsk repair, and when I booted back up, the drive was shown as dirty. At present, the drive is not dirty, not sure why. I also ran a full seatools scan for possible HD issues, came up 100% clean.

Ran Windows Update yesterday and I've had no more issues since, the video files that refused to play earlier now play fine. Finally I ran an SFC check to make sure everything was OK, and I got a few hash mismatches, all on one single dll. Can this be repaired manually, I'd prefer not to do a disc repair, although I do have a burnt OEM disc available. Here's the sfc log errors:

http://pastebin.com/3RHx994N

SquirrelNuts

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
I'm having issues with iassdo.dll and pretty_peacock.jpg. (Google: deciphering sfc error log) Sfc repairs one and then a following scan detects corruption with the other. That gets fixed and the problem with the other file returns. I have seen others on the web with similar issue relating concurrently with these two files. I have just done a chkdsk and eight pass scan with memtest and there are no errors detected. The problem appears to be a Microsoft issue to me. About time they fixed it.

Latest posts