30” Dell UltraSharp U3014, monitor - best cable to use for the best picture quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnucks

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013
Hi Guys,

I have just bought a 30” Dell UltraSharp U3014, monitor.

What would be the best cable to use for the best picture quality? 2560 x 1600 resolution.

Extensive connectivity - DisplayPort 1.2/ mDP 1.2, DPout, HDMI, DVI-D (HDCP)

Standard Features
Outstanding screen performance, Superb user experience, Eco-design
Stunning color precision and performance with Dell PremierColor
Remarkable screen clarity - 2560 x 1600 resolution - Fast 6 ms gray-to-gray (typical) response time - High Dynamic contrast ratio (DCR) of 2 million :1 (typical)
Dell UltraSharp Color Calibration Solution software, Dell Display Manager software
Extensive connectivity - DisplayPort 1.2/mDP 1.2, DPout, HDMI, DVI-D (HDCP), 4 x USB 3.0 and 6-in-1 media card reader

Any feedback much appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Paul

Solution

sunnucks

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013
I'm still a bit confused to what cable will be best for a quality picture.

The computer come with about 4 different cables:-
DisplayPort 1.2/ mDP 1.2, DPout, HDMI, DVI-D (HDCP)

my resolution is 2560 x 1600.

chumly

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
Solution

imgary

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013

I have a U3014 - in fact in the 5 months I have had one, I am about to have my third, as the first 2 all developed critical problems. Hope you don't, but you will find out. The display port cable Dell sends is not spec 1.2 - it is 1.1 I am 95% sure about. Use 1.2 for daisy chaining monitors - also highest bandwidth, tho 1.1 is plenty adequate. Lovely monitor when it works, Dell India seems to work by dictated flow rather than individualized intelligence. For me this means if you talk to them get names and take very good notes. I have experienced them saying things about the history of my warranty service that were actual - well lies or fabrications, seemingly designed to arrive at a point where Dell abandons the possible 4 or 5 or 6 monitor it might take until one stays working for the remainder of my original 3 year warranty. Back to cables - running only the U3014, and HDMI should also be adequate, just only plug one cable into computer at a time.
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.