Need Feedback/Suggestions on my new Gaming PC

Godbrandont

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
Hello, I have recently purchased a new Gaming PC for around £600. I have not yet received it so I thought I'd come here to see some feedback people may have and what upgrades I may need to consider in the future and what components are fine as they are. I would say I am a fairly hardcore gamer playing games like BF4 but also lower end games such as Minecraft.

I would love to hear some feedback/future upgrade suggestions for each of the components as soon as possible. Thank you :)

Specs:
AMD FX-6300 Six Core Processor @ 3.5GHz
ATI Radeon 6670 2GB DDR3 Graphics Card
16GB DDR3 RAM
Gigabite GA-78LMT-USB3 Motherboard
1 TB 7200 SATA Hard Drive

Thanks.

Well, it is VERY unbalanced and will struggle to play new games at low settings at 1080p. Playing BF4 will be rough on this machine.

16gb RAM is pointless because games use less than 4gb MAX. 8gb is ALL any gaming computer needs. The GPU is very weak and needs to be upgraded to be able to do real gaming. the saved money from buying the correct RAM could have been spent on a proper GPU.

Godbrandont

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013

The thing is, this was pre built, i did not choose the components, the 16gb of ram was not my choice, I also agree 8gb is more than enough. However I disagree and I believe that bf4 will be able to run reasonably smoothly on medium + graphics after a bit of research.

Godbrandont

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013

Well in fact, I've seen proper video benchmarks using this card.