How might a teenager make money online that isn't YouTube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatfancypenn

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
Hello. As you can see, I am curious on how to make money online as a teenager. I am not old enough to get a job, and my parents make me pay for most of the stuff that I want, and that is very tough because well I can't get a job and the things I want are usually computer parts or video games.

I had this idea that since I have a fairly amateur artistic ability, maybe I can make people on YouTube channel banners, outros, thumbnails, things like that, and charge a slight fee for my services. I know that I wouldn't be able to charge much for that stuff because well, I am amateur and it wouldn't be as great as someone that was a professional.

If anyone has any other ideas please let me know. I really want to make some money because I want to build a new computer pretty badly.

Thanks.

Solution
Take a look into affiliate marketing. All it is in a nutshell is on your website or blog you write about certain product giving it your approval and provide a link to your affiliate product for your readers to purchase it. When they do, your receive a commission from the affiliate your associated with. Clickbank and Amazon are two popular affiliate's. It will take some hardwork and you will have to talk to mom and dad when it comes down to becoming and actual affiliate for them, (account may have to be in moms or dads name). I have a friend who does this with amazon and while hes not getting rich off of it at the moment it is a start.

You can work takin surveys online for points. points usually = gift cards or cash/check.

Proteus1

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
Take a look into affiliate marketing. All it is in a nutshell is on your website or blog you write about certain product giving it your approval and provide a link to your affiliate product for your readers to purchase it. When they do, your receive a commission from the affiliate your associated with. Clickbank and Amazon are two popular affiliate's. It will take some hardwork and you will have to talk to mom and dad when it comes down to becoming and actual affiliate for them, (account may have to be in moms or dads name). I have a friend who does this with amazon and while hes not getting rich off of it at the moment it is a start.

Solution

thatfancypenn

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013

I can't find any legit surveys though. They're all viruses and stuff. Can you give me some ideas?

thatfancypenn

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013

How might I get started on it?

Proteus1

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
No. Once your account is setup you only provide links. The rest is done by amazon or clickbank. You want to be knowledgeable of whatever product your endorsing to your readers though. Doesn't mean you have to buy it.

thatfancypenn

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013

Okay... Wouldn't I need a website or something? Or could I just use Tom's Hardware for it?

BranFlake5

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
Online is definitely not the best way for a teenager to earn money. I'd offer a service or develop a product. If you want money, effort is required no matter what. If its physical or mental, you need to exert yourself to get paid. You can definitely earn money from people if you do any type of labor because people with money tend to be lazier. Take Advantage of that. If you're artistic, offer a certain item that you see fit peers needs. If it is well crafted, you can turn huge profits quickly. Also savings are very important. Put money in a CD and gain interest at the highest rates. find a "Kid-friendly" bank that has a savings program for minors. They have some serious advantages. Also it is important to be conservative of money and save up for better things versus buying cheap ones. Also, always look for the best deals on items. You could save $100 just by ordering an item from a different website. In only a matter of minutes! Also keep in mind expensive things such as a Car, insurance for that car, College, etc. Also when creating a small business, keep in mind ROI. Return of Investment, meaning that if you want to say upgrade piece of equipment to work faster, how long will it take you to profit, Will you even profit?

Feel Free To Ask Questions, I'd Absolutely Love to Help. Cheers.

Proteus1

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013

Yes you would need a website or blog. I agree with Branflake5. Internet isn't the best way to make money for a kid but you said specifically for ways to make money online. Better off mowing lawns, or shoveling driveways of snow. Especially if you want to build a computer soon. The internet will take months before it starts paying off.

thatfancypenn

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013

Hah! Snow! Or lawns! Genius! If only there was snow and lawns full of grass in Arizona... or at least where I am. That's why I'm really only looking for ways on the internet.

BranFlake5

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
[/quotemsg]
Hah! Snow! Or lawns! Genius! If only there was snow and lawns full of grass in Arizona... or at least where I am. That's why I'm really only looking for ways on the internet.
[/quotemsg]

There is other things. I don't know where you are specifically, but there may be remodeling jobs where you can sweep floors for a little over minimum wage or more. Also try to create something, anything, you can sell/market/provide/produce.

Live Wyre

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013

Haha, I guess so. Recently I took a survey on marketing and received a $50 voucher. $50 an hour is not bad.

gamenerd007

Reputable
May 4, 2014

Are you set upon making money online only .. I am a B tech student and i make money by giving tutions.. I dont know wether it is possible to give online tutions . you may try this if you like

peterorl

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Right SEO might be a good way to make some little profit. However there are lots of websites for students that might be hired by an employee then awarded with credits which might be exchanged for real cash.

Entrt4inment

Reputable
Mar 15, 2014

Probably late now but check out mysurvey and toluna

Status
Not open for further replies.